Tom works to bob his 1973 Honda CB350 GL Supersport motorcycle. It's backwoods fun, pert-near.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

What went wrong?


I spent some tome Friday tuning the bike and now it runs rough.

I rode the bike to work Mon-Thurs this week, cold in the morning, nice on the way home. It was missing a little, the front tire felt out of balance, shifting a little rough when down-shifting, other than that I'm getting about 60mpg and really enjoying my little stretch of Tenn highway 70 between White Bluff, Tenn and Nashville of the same.

I had Friday off so and I've been wanting to do a tune-up so...... I adjusted the valves,breaker point gap, ignition timing, and idle fuel mix and now it sounds like a little munch kin is pounding on the inside of the motor with a ball-peen hammer. 

The problem is I don't  remember how it sounded before I started. Very maddening!

I'm going to take a load to the dump (totally unrelated to working on the bike), and then I'm going to double check what I did yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment