Tom works to bob his 1973 Honda CB350 GL Supersport motorcycle. It's backwoods fun, pert-near.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Retuned the bike much better


I went thru the Clymer tune-up steps once again.

Now the bike runs better. I can really hear the rocker arms slapping the ends of the valve stem and it doesn't sound right to me.

When I first checked the intake and exhaust valves there wasn't any clearance at all. The technical specification call for .1 mm exhaust, .05 for intake and I had 0.

Now the bike idles spotty and dies if I don't nurse it, say at a stop light. I think I'll start this troubleshoot with a good carberator cleaning. Then I'll check the intake manifold for air leaks, and hope that will do the trick.

Hopefully soon my bike will be as tuned as my friend Twix in the above photo.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment