Tom works to bob his 1973 Honda CB350 GL Supersport motorcycle. It's backwoods fun, pert-near.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Got the wrong motor manual

I found a used Clymer motor manual for 100-350cc OHC singles at Amazon.com.
I need a manual for a 350cc twin, Hey I'm learning!

I was also hoping to get some technical frame measurements from the book. The bike in the book I got has a completely different frame. Maybe our next bike.

Today I'm looking for information on line about bobing the frame I have, which looks to be a CB175 Super Sport.

I'm dying to get started on this project but I'm waiting until next Friday when I take the skills test for Tennessee before I tear into it.

It's raining and cold today (63'F) in Tennessee today, yesterday it was sunny and 81'F with maybe 90% humidity (a wet heat). Today's weather is more like Oregon's. It reminds me of friends, and home, sniff.

Here's a link to a site for Yamaha XZ650 bobbers there are a lot of good ideas there.

Don't get lost here.
http://www.xs650chopper.com/2009/07/budget-built-bobber/

Now look I'm not a Honda snob, I just have one. I want to ride for cheap and fun, and I'm interested in old school bobbers and choppers. I'll take ideas anyway I can get them. Hint, hint.

OK, I'm a snob for older Japanese made bikes, but that's where the snobbery end's.

Oh yea, also I'm a little bit of a snob for keeping the price as close to $1000 bones as possible. Besides that I live by the creed (I try to) of my church, everyone's welcome, nobody's perfect, and anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment